BC3500 in protect....

Unplug rcas and speaker wires turn amp on and see if its still stuck if so unplug the battery power wire to amp leave ground and remote turn deck on let caps discharge then plug power wire back up and nothing else see if its came out of protect if not it needs serviced.
how do i know i know when the caps are discharged?

Yes you should get the common spark pop when reapplying the battery wire to amp that's when they are filling up. If you don't they didn't discharge and it could be cause amp needs fixed just try it and see more than likely my experience with nendo amps when they protect they are done.

Yes you should get the common spark pop when reapplying the battery wire to amp that's when they are filling up. If you don't they didn't discharge and it could be cause amp needs fixed just try it and see more than likely my experience with nendo amps when they protect they are done.
ok will do this when i get a chance. i hope its not just gone.

Have you tried to power it on with the speaker wire not connected? I'm not a fan of doing this, but it will let you know if your subs are causing an issue or not. Of course a DMM is very nice to have to check voltage at the power/ground/remote....

Have you tried to power it on with the speaker wire not connected? I'm not a fan of doing this, but it will let you know if your subs are causing an issue or not. Of course a DMM is very nice to have to check voltage at the power/ground/remote....
na not yet. i had to work to so really havnt had a chance to do alot of checking. but will be on this asap. and just thinking, if i read correctly, an RCA can cause a amp to protect?

Unplug rcas and speaker wires turn amp on and see if its still stuck if so unplug the battery power wire to amp leave ground and remote turn deck on let caps discharge then plug power wire back up and nothing else see if its came out of protect if not it needs serviced.
for the cap to discharge does it matter if the trucks on or off or do i just turn off the HU

for the cap to discharge does it matter if the trucks on or off or do i just turn off the HU
He's saying with all power turned off. Ignition off then disconnect. I'd try what pro rabbit said too. As for what I meant, if you have a dmm just quick test all of your batteries and make sure none of them reverse polarity.. I have seen it a couple times now..

Man I hope your amp is ok bro..

He's saying with all power turned off. Ignition off then disconnect. I'd try what pro rabbit said too. As for what I meant, if you have a dmm just quick test all of your batteries and make sure none of them reverse polarity.. I have seen it a couple times now..
Man I hope your amp is ok bro..
if they did this, how would you tell? like what would the dmm show

if they did this, how would you tell? like what would the dmm show
Yes it'll show normal read out if its ok or it'll show - and the number. It's rare so it's more than likely not a prob but... There's a few there and it eliminates.

Yes it'll show normal read out if its ok or it'll show - and the number. It's rare so it's more than likely not a prob but... There's a few there and it eliminates.
oh ok.... yea she's gone. i went out and checked everything while i was on lunch....

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

oh ok.... yea she's gone. i went out and checked everything while i was on lunch....

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

What? The amp??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.