batterys voltage?????

Participant count
  • Participant list

JoshC
10+ year member

The Taco MASTA
Houston, tx
So my 08 dodge ram is having troubles getting started in the morning(dosnt do this during the day) . Thing is when i turn the key over nothing happens, and ill hold it turned over for 8-15seconds then let off and go again. It takes several trys like this to get the car to try and start up. She starts up no problem its just not wanting to make the connection.

Now my brother(used to work for dodge) told me the ignition is wireless and transmits a signal when the keys turned over telling the noid to crank it up.

So my dad was talking to our mechanic and he thinks its my battery losing voltage during the night then recharging during the day. So i checked the batts level earlyer but i have been driving for an hour or more today. But it was at 12.9V resting, you think it could be loosing that much of a charge over night?

I am going to test it in the morning but i just wanted to see if you guys had a thought. Its the OEM battery and its coming up on 4-5yrs old so i think its needs to be replaced soon anyways.

New girlfriend???
i dont get it......

And if your referring to the fact i call my truck she, its because she is a girl and ive had the truck a while soooo nothing new about her. Also, horrible troll

EDIT: Actually she did get a new amp today, AQ1200D is WAYYYY more efficient then a memphis PRD1000. My lights dont even dim on it and with the prd they did a good bit

check my voltage this morning, 8.3Vs ide say that bitch is DEAD

Checking around for new batts now, will be calling the local auto parts stores. What batt should i get? Yellow top????

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.