Battery?

anders1127
10+ year member

I currently have a hifonics 1100.1 BRX amp, my question is what battery should I buy to properly power this amp? I recently upgraded the alternator from 120A to a 140 A but there's still a lacking power problem (dimming lights) the battery is stock, but I was wondering what battery I should put in or if I should run a deep cycle battery in the back and leave the front stock.

Personally, I'd stay away from Optima for car audio applications. While some people preach by them, you can find much more powerful AGMs for a competitive price.

Personally, I'd stay away from Optima for car audio applications. While some people preach by them, you can find much more powerful AGMs for a competitive price.
What would you suggest, then? I currently have a similar thread going but there were no biters.

What would you suggest, then? I currently have a similar thread going but there were no biters.
Well, it depends on what the rest of your electrical as well as your draw looks like. Since OP is running about 1000w on an upgraded alternator, I'd say a 55 - 60 AH battery would be enough. O'reilly's sells a pretty nice G34 AGM for ~$150.

Well, it depends on what the rest of your electrical as well as your draw looks like. Since OP is running about 1000w on an upgraded alternator, I'd say a 55 - 60 AH battery would be enough. O'reilly's sells a pretty nice G34 AGM for ~$150.
I don't mean to thread jack but I can't seem to get any help otherwise... I'm running a stock 140a alt with an XS Power D680 in the back, 1600W RMS of draw with probable upgrades to ~2000W RMS. What do you suggest there?

I don't mean to thread jack but I can't seem to get any help otherwise... I'm running a stock 140a alt with an XS Power D680 in the back, 1600W RMS of draw with probable upgrades to ~2000W RMS. What do you suggest there?
I'd suggest upgrading your alternator, and maybe beefing up your battery. In my Grand Prix, I'm gonna be running two good-sized battery on my stock alternator until I can save up for a bigger one.

Anyway, since your alternator is what makes the power, I'd say it's better to upgrade that and not need a huge battery.

I'd suggest upgrading your alternator, and maybe beefing up your battery. In my Grand Prix, I'm gonna be running two good-sized battery on my stock alternator until I can save up for a bigger one.
Anyway, since your alternator is what makes the power, I'd say it's better to upgrade that and not need a huge battery.
I understand I need to upgrade the alt, I just need another AGM so I'm not mixing battery types.

I understand I need to upgrade the alt, I just need another AGM so I'm not mixing battery types.
Oh, well depending what state you're in, Sam's sells a Duracell G31 that's absolutely badass. If that's not available in your state (like me), I'd look into Diehard Platinums from Sears. Great batteries.

Yeah they don't have them in WI, go figure. Definitely going to look into the Sears batteries. Thank you!
Don't mention it! However, if you decide to upgrade your alternator, you probably won't need both of the batteries. Your call. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

So I went with a Kinetik Hc1200, think that'll work as starter battery, 140 amp alt with an 1100 watt amp?
You should be good, my stock alt is 140a and I have just the standard wet cell battery up front FOR NOW and an XS Power D680 in the back with no dimming issues. I will be upgrading my alternator and front battery at some point, going with a Super Start Platinum battery from o'reilly's.

You should go bigger than a 1200 for starting. Kinetik also has new batteries on the way. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kinetik-Audio/197138513646684

1375866_751036031590260_1360700806_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.