Battery to ground only

MurderedMK7

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey all,

New to the forums so please let me know if this is the incorrect place to be asking.

Would adding an additional wire to my battery's ground to chassis help improve my car's electrical?
I have not done the big 3 upgrade, but just wondering if only battery to chassis will help anything at all.

Thanks!

It will definitely help. But in addition to that, add a battery to engine ground. In all my past installs when I did this, I saw better charging, no more crank drag, no dimming lights, and better engine performance.

Be careful if you have a battery sensor on your negative terminal. I have not found a way to upgrade or add a ground with a battery sensor being involved.

Absolutely! Even if it doesn't help with your stereo, your vehicle will thank you for it. Ground wires (all wires really) corrode over time, and they can cause really annoying problems that are difficult to diagnose.

Optimally, you want absolutely no resistance between your vehicle's chassis, drivetrain, body, and negative battery terminal. That's not realistic, but everything you do to approach that will only help you.

Generalizations of course. Obviously doesn't apply to vehicles with positive ground.

Be careful if you have a battery sensor on your negative terminal. I have not found a way to upgrade or add a ground with a battery sensor being involved.
Woe to us car audio enthusiasts! I had never heard of these things. I just read up on it, and it is a kick in the nuts. On most of these cables I see you can wire directly to the lug right before the sensor. I guesstimate that the best recourse would be to wire engine to chassis to sensor lug. Never direct to battery post. I thought with electric vehicles it would be easier to install high power systems, but now see it is more finicky than regular vehicles.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.