Battery terminals scorching hot

Participant count
  • Participant list

JustinStone

aspiring nutrient
Florida
New subwoofer installed. Playing some songs at 1500ish on a sundown sfb-5000 @ 2ohm, stretching the legs of a sundown zv6 18". Noticed a smell and the negative terminal on the back battery was scorching hot. Hottest at the point where the terminal seats on the battery.

Almost all tinned OFC stinger 0/1. Two 0/1 runs for positive, two for negative on amp. Negative runs to amp secured with amp set screws and aluminum d4s 6spot distribution set screws, no ferrules or adapters. D4S distribution blocks secured to xs power d7500 with supplied battery allen key head bolts and washers. Ground to connect the d7500 to the front battery and 300amp alternator is single run shca 0/1 OFC 2.5ft long.

Any ideas? I mean the distro takes six 0/1awg runs, it should flow at least 300A at 14.8v?

Any corrosion on the posts or terminals? Heat usually points to poor connections. Temporarily bypass your rear battery to help find the culprit.

You don't have a snug and clean connection somewhere. Post pics of where you're grounding to the vehicle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...