Battery suggestions

Participant count
  • Participant list

REDz28
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
MI
I need suggestions for battery setups. I will be running a soundstream xxx6500 with two zcon 12" d1s that's about 5300watts rms but I've been told the amp is underrated. Anyway I will be using 0 gauge wiring with a new alt from mike singer 350amps and 200amos at idle. Let me know I've been told batcap 3000 and I can get one for $300

For real? I was under the impression that I'd only need one big one in the front. But I don't have much space to work with I the front for a starter so I figure I'll keep the current battery up there now and but a shurkien 120 in the back. Can I add smaller shurkiens to add power if needed? Or someone know of any deals on batts?

I would use 3 batteries for sure because more than likely the battery set up will get discharged which leads to having a low state of charge battery at some point and a low state of charge battery at some point does not recharge off an alternator as well because it takes longer to recharge. Anytime you are dealing with amplifier power that can out draw your alternator you should have slight overkill on the battery side with a proper external charging system to help keep the batteries topped off when needed.

I'm going with a batcap 4000 and a batcap 2000 should I keep stock battery upfront?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

REDz28

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
REDz28
MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date