Help??? Annoying static from speakers.

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a set of JL ZR650-csi components in my 98 corolla, I'm using a Rockford punch 650.2 and I'm using a audiocontrol dqx, Sony head unit. Before I put in the audiocontrol there was not as much static or hiss coming from my components wasn't too bad but still annoying, now that I put in the dqx it got worse. Does it have to do with the amp? The EQ on the audiocontrol? The wiring? Just trying to get rid of that annoying hiss so I can enjoy my music

i would start with the speaker connections,see if they are loose/touching the door frame,,,could very well be the amp??rcas?id start with the speaker wires running from the amp to them first,then the rcas..will take some time to eliminate and find the issue..may be easier just to rip it all out,and put it back in,too?

The RCAs im using are old they where the only ones I had laying around at the time of installing everything that could be the problem. I'll start with the speaker cables make sure everything is on tight and not touching anything. If that fails I'll try a different amp. Looks like I got a busy weekend coming up, thanks for the info

walmart does sell rcas,not the best, but may be better than ones you have/better jacket,for like $10 ea,would be my 2nd option,after checking speaker connections,since they are old as you say.could be all needed ..change those out??

Everything I put in the car is brand new except the rca running from the head unit to the audiocontrol, I did order and receive a new set of rcas but haven't put them in yet. And the speaker cables are new however when u said Speaker connections might be loose I remembered that while I ran the power and RCAs my buddy was crimping all the speaker connectors and they ****** lol looked like a 3 year old did it lol would have done it over but I didn't have a 2nd set of those connectors just the ones that came in the box. Not that I'm s pro or anything but I was very careful with how I put everything in so I'm guessing it has to be either the one thing I didn't do myself or the old RCAs... I hope.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.