Battery replaced but sub not hitting?

sublime1991

CT
Hi everyone so I own a chevy cobalt ss 2006 and I didnt know how to swap out the battery because it is in the trunk of the car. In any case... I brought it in so the mech could replace my stock battery with my optima yellow top. When I picked the car back up the subs sounded blown but when I got a chance to open my trunk and see what was going on it appears that the sub isnt even hitting and that the after market speakers I have are hitting but sound horrible. I don't know whats going on but I had readjusted everything on my headunit and still no improvements. Anyone have any ideas?

what disturbed said...or that battery doesnt put out enough power fast enough...it might be a slow draw or something.
I doubt this cause the yellow top is a much better batt then the stock batt. Only thing I could suggest is swap out using a different batt for testing and see if that makes a change. Get yellow top load tested. Check all settings on amps and hu.

yeah, you could just have a crappy battery. Optima does make good batteries..but a single yellow top for 1 system? How many watts is the system?
Bro.. A single yellow top will handle its own pretty well... Please dont post stuff you know nothing about. You could have the newb going around in circles for nothing..

OP do you have a stock HU? If you do maybe your LOC came unhooked. or your amp in general. If you are used to having bass your stockies might of always sounded like that you can just hear them now

LOL. First of all, the battery has nothing to do with his stereo. How much the battery "puts out" doesn't matter if the engine is started. No current is drawn from the battery until the voltage drops pretty heavily. Next, he stated that the bass was coming from his factory speakers and not woofers. Chances are his amp's power wire is not connected. He needs to check and make sure his amplifier is on. Then check all connections.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sublime1991

sublime1991
CT
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
sublime1991