Battery question...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Airman21
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ohio
I have a Duracell AGM in front and was planning on get 1 or 2 batteries for the rear. I have been doing some research and found that marine batteries are better. So my question is this... I know you're not supposed to mix batteries but running the Duracell AGM up front and Duracell Marine AGM's in the back would be alright correct? And when running batteries in the rear the size don't matter correct? So I should get the big 34/78's for the rear right. I don't want to mess anything up but I need some more juice.

Thanks for any and all help.

I have a Duracell AGM in front and was planning on get 1 or 2 batteries for the rear. I have been doing some research and found that marine batteries are better. So my question is this... I know you're not supposed to mix batteries but running the Duracell AGM up front and Duracell Marine AGM's in the back would be alright correct? And when running batteries in the rear the size don't matter correct? So I should get the big 34/78's for the rear right. I don't want to mess anything up but I need some more juice.
Thanks for any and all help.
I wouldn't say "marine" batteries are any better. If they're AGM's, they can all be mixed.

That being said, it is more ideal to mix batteries that are similar age and have similar specifications. What group is your front battery?

Also, groups 34 and 78 aren't that big. Group 31 AGM's are usually the best deal for car audio if your space isn't limited.

I wouldn't say "marine" batteries are any better. If they're AGM's, they can all be mixed.
That being said, it is more ideal to mix batteries that are similar age and have similar specifications. What group is your front battery?

Also, groups 34 and 78 aren't that big. Group 31 AGM's are usually the best deal for car audio if your space isn't limited.
74/78 Duracell AGM up front. Still new not installed just bought last month. So would the group 31 Duracell marine AGM 's be a good choice?

74/78 Duracell AGM up front. Still new not installed just bought last month. So would the group 31 Duracell marine AGM 's be a good choice?
Yeah, the group 31 Duracell AGM would be a good choice.

Honestly, for car audio, cranking amps is more important than reserve capacity (unless you mainly run your system with the car off).

Lots of "marine" marketed batteries are more designed towards reserve than cranking, if they are used to run trolling motors.

Don't specifically go out and look for a "marine" battery. They are NOT better for car audio.

Just get an AGM. It's as simple as that.

Yeah, the group 31 Duracell AGM would be a good choice.
Honestly, for car audio, cranking amps is more important than reserve capacity (unless you mainly run your system with the car off).

Lots of "marine" marketed batteries are more designed towards reserve than cranking, if they are used to run trolling motors.

Don't specifically go out and look for a "marine" battery. They are NOT better for car audio.

Just get an AGM. It's as simple as that.
Sounds good thanks!

not gonna add anything @Airman21, just affirm that @adulbrich is telling you good info so you dont doubt him (not that he needs my affirmation)

post back with any other questions you have we'll be happy to help, maybe a new thread if its a different topic

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.