Battery Or Alternator?? Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

james704
10+ year member

da us
I'm getting mixed advice, information, and everything else. I have a kicker class d 400.1 mono amplifier, with 2 kicker cvr 10's. and i have it hooked up to a 1 farad capacitor(rockford fosgate). and my headlights still dim!! also when i crank my music up loud my head unit(facotry) will skip sometimes. but it also skips sometimes when i dont have it cranked up to the top.

I went to auto zone today, to run a test on my alternator, so the guy checked the battery and said the battery was good, and if thats good the alternator is as well. i told him i have a stereo system and he checked my battery's amperage. he told me that my battery puts out 675 amps or amperage and that i should get a better battery that puts out more amperage like 800 or so. so should i do that??

i have a 2004 suzuki forenza.

by the way, i cant do the big 3. wish i could.

x2 on checking connections. Make sure all of your grounds are bare metal and that all connections are good. I once had voltage problems and it turned out that my battery terminal wasn't staying tight on my battery. You really shouldn't have to do much upgrading if you're only running 400w.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.