Battery light on after new install... Great

Participant count
  • Participant list

AIpine

Electronics of America.
Lol, my problems never end.

Driving home from one of my classes today and when I am about a block away from my house, my battery light goes on. I do not have a gauge for my battery on my dash. Only a light that comes up.

New install about a week and a half ago. Currently running a R500X1D. This is my only amp that I am running. I have a MRX-M110 on it's way to my house and I can definitely say I am worried.

The current battery in my car is maybe 2 years old. 2 and a half at most. I'm just hoping that it's my battery. But is there a possibility that it is my alternator?

What do you guys recommend I do? Go up to a local shop and get my battery tested? If it is my battery I'm planning to upgrade to a AGM battery.

This is what I've found: http://www.pepboys.com/product/details/524243/286/

Cheapest here: Amazon.com: Optima 8025-160-FFP RedTop Group 25 Starting Battery: Automotive

This *****

Get a dmm and touch positive on alt and the ground with black prong on the dmm ad see if the alt is putting out proper voltage. Or just go to advance auto or auto zone or pep boyz . They should all be able to test your stock alt and tell you.

Get a dmm and touch positive on alt and the ground with black prong on the dmm ad see if the alt is putting out proper voltage. Or just go to advance auto or auto zone or pep boyz . They should all be able to test your stock alt and tell you.
Alright. Gonna head up to AutoZone and get my battery and alt checked.

Just got home. They tested by batt at AZ and turns out it was a bad battery.

From what everything I've read if your going optima go yellow top, if you can find a interstate battery dealer near by ask them for out of cycle batteries. From what the interstate people told me they are usually new batteries that didn't sell by a sell by date so they sell them as used. The out of cycle yellow tops go for 65.00, and I think its 3-9 months warranty. They said they rigorously test them before selling any used battery.

From what everything I've read if your going optima go yellow top, if you can find a interstate battery dealer near by ask them for out of cycle batteries. From what the interstate people told me they are usually new batteries that didn't sell by a sell by date so they sell them as used. The out of cycle yellow tops go for 65.00, and I think its 3-9 months warranty. They said they rigorously test them before selling any used battery.
Wish I knew this earlier-

I already ordered a AGM Optima Batt. Already shipped out. (OPTIMA® Batteries 8025-160 25 REDTOP® Starting Battery | OPTIMABATTERIES)

I think it will do me well.

Wish I knew this earlier-

I already ordered a AGM Optima Batt. Already shipped out. (OPTIMA® Batteries 8025-160 25 REDTOP® Starting Battery | OPTIMABATTERIES)

I think it will do me well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.