Battery help

Participant count
  • Participant list

DankyD Bigbang
10+ year member

Can't seem to find where I posted for help on batteries. I want to add 2 new batteries one up under hood and one in trunk I used to use yellow top Optimus but I'm pretty sure someone replied back and said to use agm batteries. If so then wat series should I get???? Also when running that extra battery do in need to fuse it at both batteries??? Thank u a bunch for the help trying to get them this weekend!.?

Optima is a good battery, there are better options for car audio apps. It really depends on your budget.

Can't seem to find where I posted for help on batteries. I want to add 2 new batteries one up under hood and one in trunk I used to use yellow top Optimus but I'm pretty sure someone replied back and said to use agm batteries. If so then wat series should I get???? Also when running that extra battery do in need to fuse it at both batteries??? Thank u a bunch for the help trying to get them this weekend!.?
AGMs do not like being discharged way low and being recharged fast so if you do go with AGMs remember not to sit and play music with the engine off because it will drastically shorten the life of the AGMs. AGMs absorbed glass matt batteries are great when used and charged the right way but then again so are other types of batts.

Do fuse at either end of circuits between 2 batts to be safe from wiring fires.

You are using two batts exactly the same so you are going the right way on that for sure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.