Battery Drain Since New Install-Mercedes 300D

Participant count
  • Participant list

mfisel

I have a 1983 Mercedes 300D, and after having a new head unit and powered sub installed, I'm getting a significant battery drain (1.5 amps).

Unplugging the head unit and unhooking the sub from the battery did not resolve the problem.

Pulling the fuse associated with both the radio and power antenna normalizes the power drain.

Does this make any sense? Some people have suggested that the installers may have "tapped in" to the antenna wire to wire the sub, and that the antenna wire is always hot, even when the power is off.

Any suggestions? I'm at a loss, and want to have some ideas before I start pulling wires to isolate the source.

Thanks in advance for your input!

I dont know about you, but I wouldnt be tracking down a drain. The car would be back where the install happened. If you didnt have the problem before it was put in, they would finding out what is left on. But something is staying on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.