Batteries

Participant count
  • Participant list

DankyD Bigbang
10+ year member

Just wondering in process of building fairly descent sized system. Was wondering just bc of how expensive some of the big car audio batteries are I didn't know if could stick with getting 3 optima yellow top or if I could use them big heavy equipment 12 volt batteries?? Or if I even need to do 3 batteries for the setup??

How much power? What size is your alt? A big commercial battery is ok, I like to match batteries like all the same size but if you cant I would match the same type ie gel or agm, etc Don't get optima, there are other options, a battery store local to me sells deka intimidators(agm) for $130 ea, sears platinum are good, or call a local battery store (not a parts store) and tell them you want a agm battery

Alternator is at shop getting rebuilt and respin to 230 amps.. System size is 2 planet audio bb212 d4, and still trying to figure if 2 planet Audio px5000.1 will be to much also with px41600 for 3 6.5" comp sets. have 1/0 gauge ran to trunk for power was also trying to find out if grounding to frame was okayborbif have to ground from front better I've heard both??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.