Batteries drop to 11.9v overnight. How to find and fix the phantom power drain?

Under $100 isn't bad then. What model do you use?
UNI-T-UT203 ive been using this model for about 7 years almost daily very nice for the money. (Edit mine is a 204 http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNI-T-UT204A-Digital-Handheld-Clamp-Multimeter-Tester-DMM-Voltmeter-Amp-AC-DC-/261813739440?hash=item3cf5509fb0:g:3~0AAOSwBahVBpiu )

Uni T UT203 Digital Clamp Meter AC DC Volt Amp Ohm Hz Duty Cycle Diode Cont DMM | eBay

You should disconnect your second battery before trying to isolate your problem.

I guess it should go without saying but when testing batteries test each battery separately. A weak battery well pull down a strong battery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your dome light is an easy fix. You need to wire a resistor to the bulb, or else it will stay on. I had to do this on my bed lights and dome light. Search Google for dome light resistor for whatever truck you have...I'm sure someone has already done all of the work in finding what works and what doesn't.
I'll definitely look into this, and you're probably right because I had to wire in some resistors to make my LED turn signals work. They don't stay on when the truck is off.. but I'm sure it's the same concept.

You should disconnect your second battery before trying to isolate your problem.

I guess it should go without saying but when testing batteries test each battery separately. A weak battery well pull down a strong battery.
I just bought two brand new XS D3400's and charged each one fully before installing them. Alternator is brand new also. They are wired in parallel with no isolator.

I read that when testing for amp draw that I should remove the ground connection from the main battery, and then connect the DMM from the negative post of main battery to the disconnected ground wire. And then disconnect the ground completely from the secondary battery, but leave the power wire connected.

Is that not correct? Should I disconnect the secondary battery completely?

I just bought two brand new XS D3400's and charged each one fully before installing them. Alternator is brand new also. They are wired in parallel with no isolator.
I read that when testing for amp draw that I should remove the ground connection from the main battery, and then connect the DMM from the negative post of main battery to the disconnected ground wire. And then disconnect the ground completely from the secondary battery, but leave the power wire connected.

Is that not correct? Should I disconnect the secondary battery completely?
If it's 100% parallel it won't matter, but if both batteries are grounded to the body, and you're checking though the ground, then you won't measure amp draws ...

Just wanted to bump this and say that Dominick Iraggi is a scumbag business man and luckily now he has a file with the BBB that has a negative report by myself. If anyone else has had a poor experience due to his deceitful tactics, I suggest you go and add your story to the BBB page. He currently has an A- rating because there's only my negative review, and 1 shill of a positive review on file.

Iraggi Alternator Business Review in La Vergne, TN - Middle Tennessee BBB

I am surprised that he has a A- rating. I looked into getting a alt from him a couple of years ago, and at that time he had a F rating.

He didn't even have a BBB page when I went to file my complaint, so that's weird. Maybe he got it deleted somehow. But if it wasn't for me reporting him to the BBB, my issue never would've gotten solved.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.