Big 3 upgrade issue on my Chevy Battery saver active on dash ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Androidaaron34

So I've never seen this and neither has the 3 car audio shops I called .

Seems that it comes up in a lot of newer impala.

I did 0guage big 3 on my 11 impala

+from battery to alternator ground from battery to alt bracket and ground from batt to frame .

After that I get battery saver active on dash.

Apparently there's a voltage sensor that runs through the stock +wiring I believe but don't know if this has no ill effects or if I have to run the 0gugae + through that stock circuit so the sensor incorporates the extra unknown current seen by the computer or sensor .

I'm lost at this point don't wanna fry anything but don't think I did anything wrong . Anyone seen this on newer chevys?

My truck has a DC clamp on the stock ground that measures current and dictates what voltage the alternator charges at.

Because of this, I just ran quad alternators and left the stock electrical system alone.

Nice upgrades but That don't help knowing about upgrades that pertain to your far more customized vehicle .

Looking for the cause of my particular vehicle. As it should not be doing this. I'm keeping stock alt.. just big 3 that's it.

From what I understand is there's a voltage sensor ring that runs through the stock wiring not sure if it's +or - but it senses the voltage so when extra wiring is ran around that somewhere the vehicle senses extra current throwing it all off and puts battery saver mode on. Also shuts down extra components like Cars ac won't come on Once the indicator pops up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.