Bassin in Acura RSX

I have 2 group 31s sitting around, I wonder if I could stuff one under the hood lol
LOL. Maybe in the rear behind each seat in floor boards??Couple big azzed batts. Do a little wiring.I did fit a 34/78 under hood( I covered + connection with electrical tape under hood..about maybe 1/8" clearance when hood was closed. and one in rear just behind drivers seat worked well.Drilled hole just at rear at hatch area to run 0 ga to bolt to rear unibody frame for ground wire to a solid distro block.Distro Fused block for supply.. used a couple XS Scorpian Scroll fans keep things cool

The car is still for sale, I talked to the seller again and we agreed upon a price pending inspection. It's looking like this will be happening I unless I find something horribly wrong with the car. I'm somewhat torn because I can buy out my Jetta lease for about 2k under its current NADA book value. THe Jetta is bigger, way quicker and gets better mpg. But I've never had a hatch and hatchs are always louder than trunks. The RSX would be 2k over NADA.

Decisions decisions...

Last edited by a moderator:
The car is still for sale, I talked to the seller again and we agreed upon a price pending inspection. It's looking like this will be happening I unless I find something horribly wrong with the car. I'm somewhat torn because I can buy out my Jetta lease for about 2k under its current NADA book value. THe Jetta is bigger, way quicker and gets better mpg. But I've never had a hatch and hatchs are always louder than trunks. The RSX would be 2k over NADA.

Decisions decisions...
One thing for certain..well maybe two things..Its a pretty reliable car, not a whole lot goes wrong with them..the other is, that it will always be a sought after vehicle, so resale would be pretty quick,.

Thanks, I always make sure to have at least 1 back up plan. 

I just need to figure out where to grab signal for the Dayton Audio DSP. Luckily my Jetta came with a beefy alt from the factory (160a) not sure how accessible it is but I'll find out lol.
I just ordered Dayton dsp with eBay coupons got a smoking deal on it. Got the Bluetooth dongle and wired remote too. Going to install it on factory system and learn all the functions til winter is over and I can start the build 

I just ordered Dayton dsp with eBay coupons got a smoking deal on it. Got the Bluetooth dongle and wired remote too. Going to install it on factory system and learn all the functions til winter is over and I can start the build 
So what you're saying is you're willing to be the guinea pig 😁

What kind of vehicle are you installing it in? Mine has a dummy headunit and the amp is mounted under one of the seats so I know I'll have to tap into the wiring before it goes to the factory amp.

What kind of vehicle are you installing it in? Mine has a dummy headunit and the amp is mounted under one of the seats so I know I'll have to tap into the wiring before it goes to the factory amp.
I’m taking ownership of my wife’s 2015 Toyota Corolla and were getting her a new car. It got a touchscreen infotainment system and tweeters on the a pillars but I haven’t researched to see if it has a factory amp. I believe @Jeffdachef is the first guinea pig for the dsp-408

literally skip anything factory and just go straight audio into bluetooth dongle to dayton dsp to amps to speakers.  Fk anything factory, get that sh*t out the way. Maybe keep the rear speakers on factory head unit so you can at least hear calls.  You dont tap into anything no hi level or RCA at all. The sound is night and day better with a bluetooth 320kbps stream to the dayton dongle which sounds amazing, natural and transparent and smooth vs an RCA or hi level input connection to the dsp while playing flac files on usb which just sounds like utter sh*t.

literally skip anything factory and just go straight audio into bluetooth dongle to dayton dsp to amps to speakers.  Fk anything factory, get that sh*t out the way. Maybe keep the rear speakers on factory head unit so you can at least hear calls.  You dont tap into anything no hi level or RCA at all. The sound is night and day better with a bluetooth 320kbps stream to the dayton dongle which sounds amazing, natural and transparent and smooth vs an RCA or hi level input connection to the dsp while playing flac files on usb which just sounds like utter sh*t.
The factory headunit stays, it has navigation with traffic updates and I've been getting free Sirius XM now for 3 years since the car was new. It was supposed to shut off after the 3 month trial but never did 😁

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.