Bass knob, can they be universal?

So now to be serious...the connector has nothing to do with compatibility. The number of wires has nothing to do with compatibility. The circuit design has everything to do with compatibility. Unless the two amps have the same type circuit for the remote and use the same values for the pots in their remotes, they will not be compatible. Quit being cheap and get the correct remote if you want one. There's a chance you can damage the amp by plugging the wrong stuff into it. Amp makers use a phone cord for a remote because the phone cord and the jacks for it are cheap and readily available.

I know some of the older Rockford stuff was using what looked like a phone cord for some of their stuff, but it wasn't the same thing and it cost me $250 to have my processor fixed because I used the wrong cable. The wires looked the same, but phone cables flip the wires inside and they aren't running in exactly the same order on both ends. You can see it if you hold both ends of the phone cable side by side and compare the order the wires are run into the connector. I made a costly mistake, make sure you don't.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.