Bass getting quieter with a second amp??

xKBx24
10+ year member

erie, Pa
Hey guys, my friends car got totaled so he let me put his type r in my car, making a total of 3 type r's just for fun. The first two are powered by my Hifonics BRZ1700 which has an rca out that is linked to the third Type R being powered by my Alpine Mrp-M500. When ever i plug in the RCA's to the alpine amp, the bass gets quieter instead of louder, am i doing something wrong>??

Like I said, just for fun. But I feel like something isnt quite right so I wanted to figure it out for future applications or just for the knowledge bank down the road.

My Hu and first amp are set to normal or 0. The alpine doesnt have a phase control...how could this happen? or did you mean something different

I have a 220amp alt and stock battery. It was powering 1700 watts just fine, then I took out the 1700, replaced with a 1200 and added a 500, making 1700 again. I dont understand

Could be a phase issue or could be the line level signal in your RCA's.

I have noticed something like that with home audio gear sometimes.

I noticed this one time while installing a 30 band eq into one of my 2ch systems. Just plugging in the rca's to the eq lowered the overall volume

of the system.(the eq was never turned on).

Could just be the signal getting split up to much.

I have a 220amp alt and stock battery. It was powering 1700 watts just fine, then I took out the 1700, replaced with a 1200 and added a 500, making 1700 again. I dont understand[/quote/]
I may be blind but where did you say that? So the 2 you had off the 1700 are now running with 500 watts less?

That could be the problem?

I never said it earlier in the thread if thats what you mean. And no, im not saying its not as loud as the 1700 watt amp alone, im saying that when i have the 1200 and the 500 hooked up together, and i unplug the rcas of the 500, the bass gets very noticeably louder

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.