Bass Boost...Bad?

It's more likely to screw up your speaker(s) ...
Most amps have overcurrent protection ... Most speakers don't ...
**** that *****. Would it hurt to run bass boost for a while? Maybe 30 seconds at a time with my L7s?

Well i guess i will be the first to say its a good thing to have for me it helps with my rap songs some song need that boost and other times i set it to 1db for most music. Just try it but yes watch your gains!!!!!!and the bass boost but hey i like it good luck bro...

Just try it but yes watch your gains!!!!!!and the bass boost but hey i like it good luck bro...
I have tried it when I put it passed 1/4th when I have the volume high you can hear the amp clipping some times.

Before when I had my audiobahn a1300hct I usually had the bass boost all the way down. When I would turn it up a little pass 1/4 the light would go from blue to flashing red (doesnt mean anything good), depending on what I had my volume. For example if I had it on 40 out of 52 it would flash red after I turn the bass boost knob passed 1/4th. Why was this? Was it because my gains were not set for the bass boost?

owned that amp before, accually had to run it with the bass boast all the way up + set HU bss eq from -6 (ussually) to +2 with sub channal up all the way to get close to the same amount of bass out of my subs from a lanzar 1200d with 2/3rd gain, half the bass boost, and -6 on the deck (sub level stll +6), and naturally the lanzar ran much cooler than the audiobling..... HU was a clarion HX-D10 4v preout, subs were 3 infinity perfect 10's....

lil off topic but it rang a bell in my head......

clipping = bad i personalyl don use bass boost anymore....just gotta set the gains right

there is nothing wrong with using it - if it makes you happy use it.

I like having it at my disposal.............

Dont listen to these audio snobs who say its a bad thing,cause its not...........

Square waves rock //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
Peaky frequency response rocks aswell

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

Huzzah?

You can hear clipping quite well...try running a solid-state amp up to 10% THD sometime, if your ears will let you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

yeah, i have heard so much about clipping... people are telling me you can hear it, but most people siad you can't... so yeah, if anyone knows of a good thread about clipping they should post it up for me...

You can hear it. That's a fact. Anyone that says you can't doesn't know what they're talking about.

Google should provide a lot of information about it...

I have an 18DB Baseboost thing that came with my amp i cant increase the baseboost or somthing i dont know whats that for? I use it to make it bump harder when i want but i can also turn it down how do i set that?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.