Bass Boost...Bad?

Its not that its a horrible thing. people just don't set the gains and or don't know what they are doing and "juz want 2 bump it harder yo"

Its not that its a horrible thing. people just don't set the gains and or don't know what they are doing and "juz want 2 bump it harder yo"
Right, cause your suppose to set your gains with the bass boost at the level you would have it (max level). Correct?

Correct, but the main reason bass boost isn't used by too many experts is that it only boosts frequencies within a very small range, and often causes the amp to clip at a lower volume level than if the boost was off. With it off, you have a nice amount of mass over more frequencies at a higher volume, compared to a little extra bass at a certain frequency with it on.

But I'm no expert. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Before when I had my audiobahn a1300hct I usually had the bass boost all the way down. When I would turn it up a little pass 1/4 the light would go from blue to flashing red (doesnt mean anything good), depending on what I had my volume. For example if I had it on 40 out of 52 it would flash red after I turn the bass boost knob passed 1/4th. Why was this? Was it because my gains were not set for the bass boost?

When I had the volume low like 10 out of 52 I could turn the bass boost all the way to the max and it would get louder and it wouldn't flash red.

Chances are they didn't know either.
do you own a DMM?
Yeah they told me "don't touch it from what we set it! Your going to mess it up. All you kids come in here and we fix it and then you go touching it and screw it up".

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.