Basic Setup help: HU + 6 1/2 Components

soundnewbie

HI
Hey Guys,

dont know much about audio equipment but would like to get the best HU for 150-200. The three brands i have been thinking about were Eclipse, Clarion, and Alpine.

For the price range of around 220-240

- Clarion DXZ785USB

- Eclipse CD-3200

- Alpine 9886

For the price range of around 150-200

-Clarion DXZ585USB

-Eclipse CD-3100

-Alpine CDA-9884

guys i would like to stay in the 150-200 range or possibly wait a little longer for the other category to drop in price. out of the three which seems best?

Also i would like to get a set of aftermarket components and didnt want to add an amp. I have a Honda s2000, inside of the car has only a set of 6 1/2 speakers with tweeters and a HU. i was thinking about the POLK AUDIO DB6501 for about 100 bucks. I guess im looking for a set that sounds good with only the HU power running it. please let me know. the most id spend on the components were 150.

thanks,

Steven

I'd go with some Hertz Energy components over the DB series any day. As far as a deck... If you aren't running an amp, get a pioneer. It'll have more features etc in that price range.

I'd go with some Hertz Energy components over the DB series any day. As far as a deck... If you aren't running an amp, get a pioneer. It'll have more features etc in that price range.
I think the only problem with the Hertz's is that they have a deep magnet right? Probably wont fit in the door of an s2000, but if they can then go with those.

I vote for the 9886 like always...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.