Basic radio settings?

Participant count
  • Participant list

cchheett
10+ year member

Oregon
I am having some issues with cliping my amp. I have turned down the amp and everything is ok now. I think maybe my clipping issues were from because Im using to high levels on the radio settings. There are a million different settings for my radio. Do I want to keep everything set to 0 . Bass, Treble, Mids etc etc. Also I have a subwoofer setting. Do i keep that at 0 also. To tell the truth I use it at lvl 5 out of 8. Does that need to be 0. I just don't know if i should lower the settings on the radio then use turn the amp up a little more. I am using a 40 hrtz sample finding the sweet spot to test the cliping. My main thing now is how I should set up the radio. I am also getting a new radio next month, but I assume what ever you guys suggest will be normal for every radio.

I am using a 12-SA with a hifonics amp I believe its got 900 watts at @ 2ohm. The amp lvl is under half way up.

I had a stroke a few years ago, so my typing isn't great. Thanks for you time.

I am having some issues with cliping my amp. I have turned down the amp and everything is ok now. I think maybe my clipping issues were from because Im using to high levels on the radio settings. There are a million different settings for my radio. Do I want to keep everything set to 0 . Bass, Treble, Mids etc etc. Also I have a subwoofer setting. Do i keep that at 0 also. To tell the truth I use it at lvl 5 out of 8. Does that need to be 0. I just don't know if i should lower the settings on the radio then use turn the amp up a little more. I am using a 40 hrtz sample finding the sweet spot to test the cliping. My main thing now is how I should set up the radio. I am also getting a new radio next month, but I assume what ever you guys suggest will be normal for every radio.
I am using a 12-SA with a hifonics amp I believe its got 900 watts at @ 2ohm. The amp lvl is under half way up.

I had a stroke a few years ago, so my typing isn't great. Thanks for you time.
What deck do you have now? You need to find out what its output voltage is and set the gain on the amp to that. Once you've done that and if you need to turn it up, do so on the deck as gain control shouldn't be used as a volume knob. Btw how do you know the amp's clipping?

I have a kenwood KDC-x595. It is 4v . My amp is a BRZ1200.10 . I have it hooked up to 900 watts @ 2ohm. I Think it was clipping because I could smell something a odd smell. I turned down the lvl and just didn't know if i should turn down the deck all at 0 including the subwoofer lvl on the deck.

I have a kenwood KDC-x595. It is 4v . My amp is a BRZ1200.10 . I have it hooked up to 900 watts @ 2ohm. I Think it was clipping because I could smell something a odd smell. I turned down the lvl and just didn't know if i should turn down the deck all at 0 including the subwoofer lvl on the deck.
What input voltage level is the gain set to now? And are you sure your sub is wired to 2 ohms?

I found a picture on the net and used my bad photo shop skills to show about where I have the level now. If I turn the level clockwise its seems that its to high, but rite now I am using the deck with some higher settings over 0. For example I have the deck bass up and the treble and mid etc.. Should I turn everything thing to 0. and then change the amp level more clockwise.

I used a volt meter. And I believe the it gave me 1.8 ohms.

I appreciate your help. It's a little hard to talk since I had a stoke and I really appreciate it.

I found a picture on the net and used my bad photo shop skills to show about where I have the level now. If I turn the level clockwise its seems that its to high, but rite now I am using the deck with some higher settings over 0. For example I have the deck bass up and the treble and mid etc.. Should I turn everything thing to 0. and then change the amp level more clockwise.
I used a volt meter. And I believe the it gave me 1.8 ohms.

I appreciate your help. It's a little hard to talk since I had a stoke and I really appreciate it.
Sorry, I'm not sure what you're saying. Look on your amp and see what the dial is set to. It should be around 4V as that's what your deck puts out at max.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.