is there anything you dont like on the 80prs ? and setup ?

big scott

blazin low, and loud
edgewood, md
ok guys,

order a new one this morning, cant wait....

but been reading the manual, watching vid on youtub and came across a vid were he says when you play usb, sd card it plays random songs and not in order.

is this true?

and can it be set to play each song in order ??

but it got me thinking..

you guys that have this h/u are there things you dont like about it?

if so what are they ??

i play mostly usb stick - sd card - cd's in that order...

also for my setup should i pick 3-way ??

im running ..

tweeters ( all high pass at 3k up )

6.5 ( 250 to 3k band pass on amp )

8" ( 80 to 250 band pass on amp )

sub 80 down.

useing 3 amps ( 2- 4ch and 1 - 2ch ) on front stage.

how would i set this up in the h/u

also have not found yet if this h/u has bandpass crossovers for mid-low and mid-high ?

Don't like the price even though I got mine used. I like using my ipod with an aux cord versus the usb connection. I set my device boost to zero and that helped reduce clipping when setting my gains with my ipod as the media device instead of CD. Up and down volume *****, takes like fifty spins to get loud or low, then sometimes as I try and turn the volume down fast I push the volume in putting me in settings. So use your remote for volume up/down

ok.im still reading the manual.

but is there anything you dont like about it?

would be nice to know.
Mines played in order on day one. Unless you specify it, its not gonna change. I dont like it for many reasons, 13 band eq still not enough when my ears get pickier day by day. Crossover options have their limitations. Not 4 way active capable. Radio station setting is a drag. Remote dies pretty fast(could be me using cheap batteries), Auto EQ fks with your bass eq frequencies causing you to clip earlier. Time alignment only helps to a certain extent, the rest is on driver quality and positioning(gotta go A-pillar mids for that wide soundstage)

As you can tell, these aren't really bad qualities, its just the limitations of the 80 prs.

with your setup, just go active on the amps and keep the head unit in standard mode.

Do you want to go for a center soundstage(sound tuning) on the dash with the setup or just all around loud?

Mine has played in order since I installed it too. My only complaint is when playing from iPhone via bluetooth I can't change tracks with the headunit...haven't played with it much tho. Maybe a setting I missed.

Mines played in order on day one. Unless you specify it, its not gonna change. I dont like it for many reasons, 13 band eq still not enough when my ears get pickier day by day. Crossover options have their limitations. Not 4 way active capable. Radio station setting is a drag. Remote dies pretty fast(could be me using cheap batteries), Auto EQ fks with your bass eq frequencies causing you to clip earlier. Time alignment only helps to a certain extent, the rest is on driver quality and positioning(gotta go A-pillar mids for that wide soundstage)
As you can tell, these aren't really bad qualities, its just the limitations of the 80 prs.

with your setup, just go active on the amps and keep the head unit in standard mode.

Do you want to go for a center soundstage(sound tuning) on the dash with the setup or just all around loud?
well im not sure...

i think for now im going for clean and loud .

but the past few months i have been thinking redoing my system for better sound quality but still want and need the to keep up with 4-12" subs.

meaning pulling my tweeters, 6.5 , and 8" and replacing them with fewer but better quality stuff.

maybe tweeters, 4" in the a-pillars and 6.5 or 8" in the doors.

have not figured out what sizes i should go with. like should i use 4" or 3" ...

but it will be a 3-way front stage.

and i wish it had a true 4-way front stage setup, that would be nice.

and its great to know about it playing in order and not random as that would **** me off... lol

and ya will be getting it tomorrow and cant wait to get it installed.

ill be pulling my flipout h/u the one i sold and installing this one hopefully tomorrow if not by the end of the week.

and ya the buyer know all about this as i told him before he paid. and hes cool with it plus hes not home anyway. hes on vacation for a few weeks.

well im not sure...
i think for now im going for clean and loud .

but the past few months i have been thinking redoing my system for better sound quality but still want and need the to keep up with 4-12" subs.

meaning pulling my tweeters, 6.5 , and 8" and replacing them with fewer but better quality stuff.

maybe tweeters, 4" in the a-pillars and 6.5 or 8" in the doors.

have not figured out what sizes i should go with. like should i use 4" or 3" ...

but it will be a 3-way front stage.

and i wish it had a true 4-way front stage setup, that would be nice.
You can Do some kick panel midranges to supplement the 4 inch A - Pillars too, have them on the same channel crossed over similarly. It should help with output.

However, with the amount of drivers you are running, i dont see how that cannot keep up with 4 12s.

as has already been said, can't run 4 way active ... that sux ....

I ended up going with a 8ch DSP .... so basically wasted money on this particular HU ....

I have several other HU's to choose from for this install. I may just try them all out on the test bench, and if one of the other ones has a good strong output with a clean signal, I may just use it and sell the 80prs ....

You can Do some kick panel midranges to supplement the 4 inch A - Pillars too, have them on the same channel crossed over similarly. It should help with output.
However, with the amount of drivers you are running, i dont see how that cannot keep up with 4 12s.
thanks buddy,

im not saying my system now is not loud as it is. very loud...

im just wanting to change things up and go sound quality with output ( spl )

and if i go throw with this i want to go stealth, well to a point.

meaning 1 tweeter and 1 3" in each a-pillar .

were i have 2- tweeters in each pillar and 2 tweeters on each side of dash on top.

then each door has 2- 6.5 and 2- 8".

so everything is in your face and bulky.

but the only problem is im disabled and only get little money each month.

so if i do this would like to find good drivers ( sq ) but for little money.

and ya i know thats an oxymoron but i can only do what i can do.

as has already been said, can't run 4 way active ... that sux ....
I ended up going with a 8ch DSP .... so basically wasted money on this particular HU ....

I have several other HU's to choose from for this install. I may just try them all out on the test bench, and if one of the other ones has a good strong output with a clean signal, I may just use it and sell the 80prs ....
thanks for your input.

and ya i new it was not 4-way but would be nice..

im still going to get the ppi DSP-88R professor as i want more control over the system.

so that will take care of my 4-way front stage.

i put a 80prs in the ghetto blaster burb. and im biased to hate all headunits anyways .... but

during first few testings with it

the face plate literly fell off at full tilt ( multiple times )

i installed the factory keepers on the unit to at least keep it from falling off - but now the face plate is not detachable - it only flips open.

at least it doesnt fall off anymore

but

after that at full tilt - the screen goes blank - like its recieving so much abuse inside the burb that its scrambling the signal to produce the faceplate readout and its kind of like a strange static displaying - it will stay like this unitl i press the flip open button and then push it back up again and i get normal screen readout.

ive yet to realley master all the features and functions of this headunit hopefully soon i will

youtube seems to have some intresting videos showing how to use the functions this headunit has

and i guess over 150db any headunit will have a hard time.

and its great to know about it playing in order and not random as that would **** me off... lol
and ya will be getting it tomorrow and cant wait to get it installed.

ill be pulling my flipout h/u the one i sold and installing this one hopefully tomorrow if not by the end of the week.

and ya the buyer know all about this as i told him before he paid. and hes cool with it plus hes not home anyway. hes on vacation for a few weeks.
S/O recognized. Haha.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.