Basic question for wiring amplified subwoofer

Participant count
  • Participants list

droopdog7

CarAudio.com Newbie
Okay, please forgive me as I am a complete newbie. I picked up this used bazooka bta6100 (very cheap) which is amplified and comes with a wiring harness. As the story goes, just looking for a little extra bass and price too low to pass up.

Anyway, I looked on crutchfield and it says I need the following wiring harness: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_142PA10BX/EFX-PA10BX-Wiring-Kit.html#&gid=1&pid=1

So I don’t know the first thing about these things but I want to connect to my Sony xav-ax5000 HU that has rca ins for sub. My thinking, and please correct me if I’m wrong, is that using the rca cables would allow me to use the digital subwoofer controls built into the HU.

The crutchfield kit appears to show two rca cables with male connectors on both ends. So my super newbie question is how am I supposed to connect those rca cables to the harness? Am I supposed to cut them on one end? Am I missing something because I don’t know much about these things? Thank you?

If that harness is removable, you may see if you can find one where all you need is the RCA inputs and a power + ground + turn on wire. I'm not sure why in the hell you need that many wires just to run a sub amp.

If that harness is removable, you may see if you can find one where all you need is the RCA inputs and a power + ground + turn on wire. I'm not sure why in the hell you need that many wires just to run a sub amp.

Maybe it's meant to just be added onto a factory system. It looks like to me, if I'm seeing it correctly, that all 4 door speaker wire sets may be there. Do you have a pair of white, grey, green and purple wires?

Apologies for not coming back to this post but had some family issues. I’ve done a little more research on connecting the sub and wiring kits and it looks like I’ll need to connect the rca cables (with Y connector), the ground cable, the power cable to batter (with fuse), and the remote on cable (so it turns on and off). Am I missing something?

The wire diagram for the sub is below. The rca cables are the most obvious. I see wires that say ground, battery, and remote (orange) so I assume those are for the other connections. And I guess I don’t need the other wires at all? That right? And again, am i missing anything else?

On the head unit side, pretty sure the blue remote was put together with three other blue wires (used a PAC). If this is the case, do I disconnect the blue remote wire from that bundle and connect with the orange remote wire below.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you.

You'll need to run a power wire from your battery to the red wire on the bass tube

you'll need to fuse by the battery and inline by the bass tube a blue 15a fuse ..insert fuses last ...

...you'll need to run a small turn on lead from the decks blue amp out wire or blue with white stripe to the orange wire on the tube ...

Then ground the black wire on the Bass tube.
Run rca cable from deck to tube ..and your ready to install fuses .

You dont need grey or green wires from tube they are for factory radios without rca cables.

You can try the phase switch and see what sounds best after installation ..just don't switch while power is on. Its only 2 choices.

After you get it playing you may want to locate the optional dash mount bass level knob..they usually run $30 or less shipped and will give you better control over the tube for different music set the level on the tube in the middle ...to keep from.blowing it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.