Do I really need a LOC?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Drax

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi guys tomorrow im getting my Sub and amp installed on my 2019 F150 XLT Non Sony, just stock 8" screen with sync 3, (hertz hcp 1dk, and alpine type R 12) the install guy said that he suggests to install a LOC for 60$ and says that its strongly recommended to clean up the Bass Roll Off, and flatten the frequency before the amp . Do I really need one? I believe my Amp already has Hi Speaker Levels and i was thinking to just tell him to tap into the front speakers to avoid buying the LOC will that work? Or should i purchase it for 60$? My other question is do i need a line-in converter? or is that the same thing as a LOC? Thanks guys

My other question is do i need a line-in converter? or is that the same thing as a LOC? Thanks guys
They are the same thing. One thing I noticed is that cheap oem radios get along fine with the amp's built in hi level inputs or cheap loc's. On the other hand, nice oem radios tend to need an electronic loc. Just like your installer stated, signal flattening is important. $60 is not bad at all for an active loc that has curve correction. I vote Yea on purchasing the loc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.