basic port volume question

Participant count
  • Participant list

loudlittlefvkus
10+ year member

Michigan
Hi, i was just wondering how changing the port size and shape effects the tuning frequency. i designed my box in Winisd, and have a slot port 16x4x27. if i wanted to make that into 2 ports, i would just need to make sure the volume is the same right? it wouldnt matter about changing the shape? i know the whole 12-16 square inches per cubic foot rule, and all that.

My main goal is building an octo port, i can do all the math and find the equations and stuff. just want to make sure an L port and octo port of the same volume will be tuned the same in a box with a constant volume

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.