30hz too low for 4 sav.2 8s?

302yota
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i just picked up some 8s this weekend now im working on a design for the box...my main goal is to pound the lows, this probably will not ever see a meter...I just want to move as much air as possible, maybe get a mini hair trick out of it...they will be powered off of a saz3000...so far im thinking 4cuft at 30hz....with 18sq" of port area...is that too low for these 8s?...they will be going in my jeep patriot

They will unload and die a horrible death in that much air space on that much power. And, 18in² isn't enough port.

Two cubes and 18in² per cube would be fine and no, 30Hz isn't too low for them.

my final design came out to be an S shaped ported box...subs up port back..3.3cubes at 32hz with 18.2" of port area per cube...i really wanted to tune lower but my choices were limited..i have got to fool with these subs yet, so im not really sure what to expect

my final design came out to be an S shaped ported box...subs up port back..3.3cubes at 32hz with 18.2" of port area per cube...i really wanted to tune lower but my choices were limited..i have got to fool with these subs yet, so im not really sure what to expect
They get loud and low but probably won't move enough air for a hair trick. Better chance with two 15's or bigger. More cone area on 2 15s.

I run the 8v2s and love them though. They take a beating

That should be fine.

I tuned to 26hz with my 4 sa8s

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.