Basic mecp test

Always wanted to do that. Got as far as getting the referral letters from professional associates (in CT you need 3) and the EE study guide, but never applied for the exam. I'm told it's the most difficult exam an EE can take and that only 30% pass first time around. Good luck with it and if you pass be sure to post braggin' rights.
i took it a few years ago. i was rewiring my house and working extra hours and never had time to study. i finished the 8 hour test in 4 hours. answered everything. i was a few percent shy of passing. doh! i didn't have enough reference material on transmission line fault analysis and synchronous motor design. had i brought two other books and i would have been golden.

what makes the EE-Power PE difficult is the test covers 4 disciplines (of which you will only know one) so you have to study for things you'll never do but be fully competent in. Then the test is written such that the wrong answers are derivable by making the most common mistakes.

I didn't think the test was hard. It is just time consuming learning where everything is in your reference material, and ensuring you have adequate reference material. That said, i'll spend more time studying this time around.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.