Basic mecp test

I have not taken it recently but am going to go for my advanced soon. Just make sure to make good notes especially on things you may not be real comfortable with. The note taking will help implant the ideas better. Also reading the material several times will help. Good luck.

thanks, the Ohm law formula confuse's me a bit o.0 Yeah the senior autotech where I work said alot of things have changed. When you guys took it what questions did they ask the most? It's multiple choice and true or false so I'm sure as long as I study and use process of elimination I'll have a better chance at passing.

yeah a lot has changed. especially the size of the book. I took mine in 2000 and was surprisingly easy, but I went to II and took the course before the test. I wouldn't sweat it too much.

bummer you have to be associated with a business to take the Advanced test. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

there is a test on July 18th about an hour from me. i'll be studying for my Professional Engineering exam July - October (300 hrs or so). but if i'm free i'll try to drop in on it. $85 for the test isn't too bad.

As you are referring to "autotech", the first thing that comes to mind is best buy. If this is not the case with you, feel free to ignore the rest. If so, there is a test that can be taken on there as a practice and if you pass, you get a voucher for the cost of the actual test. From what I understand, it is a pretty good prep test. I work sales there and tried to take the practice to get the voucher for the test. Not so much to work installs there, although I'm sure I'd prefer it to the sales floor, but more so, just to have it and have them pay for it instead of me. Oddly enough, the only people that can access that test are those who are already in the system as "autotechs". So one must apply to that position first, before being able to take advantage of that. Says a lot about the company if they'll let someone install prior to being certified and not let others get certified before actually working in the bay lol. This being said, we have 3 installers there and only one of which I would ever let near my car lol.

Yeah I am referring to best buy lol. I'm not an autotech I've been at the company for a while and I want to make a move so they gave me the book to study and LOL you got ohms law chart on your signature. If you take it let me know how it goes.

When I took it in 98, I recall some questions on alarms and security stuff that had me a lil befuddled. Can't remember for sure.

Lot of it is wiring, ohm's law, reading wiring schematics.....symbols for capacitors, and coils in a crossover, frequency, box design, thiele small parameters and what they are......

thats about all I can think of off the top of my head.

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

I actually still have the study guide from 98.....

bummer you have to be associated with a business to take the Advanced test. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
there is a test on July 18th about an hour from me. i'll be studying for my Professional Engineering exam July - October (300 hrs or so). but if i'm free i'll try to drop in on it. $85 for the test isn't too bad.
Always wanted to do that. Got as far as getting the referral letters from professional associates (in CT you need 3) and the EE study guide, but never applied for the exam. I'm told it's the most difficult exam an EE can take and that only 30% pass first time around. Good luck with it and if you pass be sure to post braggin' rights.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.