basic install questions

Participant count
  • Participant list
Line Driver:

I don't understand the wattage part. When looking at different LOCs. here are what a couple say in the description:

•4-channel High-powered, 600w Total Maximum Input (150w per channel)

•6 Speaker Level Inputs - Can Accept 400 Watt Signals!

•Two channels of active speaker level inputs - Accepts 400 watt signals per channel

How does that work relating to your amps? I have always used an aftermarket HU and running RCAs thru there. So If I install a 1200 watt amp or two amps totaling 1700 watts. will they be able to produce what they normally put out when connected to an aftermarket HU?

please explain or direct me to a link that discusses this.

Distribution Blocks

My last system consisted of 2 amps,, 1 cap and 2 12's. 1 amp had 80A fuse, the other a 50A fuse. I had one inline fuse (250A).. the battery is in the trunk. I was thinking about using a power and ground distribution block this time. I have read people adding more inline fuses when using distro blocks. is that necessary or will my one 250A fuse be fine.

My last system consisted of 2 amps,, 1 cap and 2 12's. 1 amp had 80A fuse, the other a 50A fuse. I had one inline fuse (250A).. the battery is in the trunk. I was thinking about using a power and ground distribution block this time. I have read people adding more inline fuses when using distro blocks. is that necessary or will my one 250A fuse be fine.
A good rule is to always use another inline fuse holder when you downsize your power wire. Fused distribution blocks take care of that. I don't design a multi-amp or amp+DSP system without accounting for that.

with that said. I was going to add an AudioControl Unit and unsure which is best in my situation. they are LOC and some have better EQs on em.

Audiocontrol LC2i

Audiocontrol LC6i

Audiocontrol 6XS

Audiocontrol EQS

Audiocontrol LCQ-1

View attachment 26550643

of course in diagram it looks like they suggest you use a bunch of them together. but my system I may just use 1 AMP for the sub. so the LC2i should be just fine I believe.. but if I add my 4ch amp too which of the rest should I use. I don't want to use them all, I would just need one yeah?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.