Basic Anplifier Problems, Distortion and More,Please Help!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Okay so a few months ago I changed amps from an MTX amp that came with my Dual 12 inch MTX Terminators. I switched to a BOSS R6002 1200 Watt Amp (2 Channel). After installing this amp I noticed that my subs were noticeably quitter, less of a bang and they distort and the amp goes into protection mode. I've been reading online to try to find a solution to this and all ive been seeing is stuff about the ohms. My subs are 2 Ohms and the amp is 4ohms but it also says 2 on it, I don't know which is it I will post a link below. I have these subs bridged and I was wondering if this is a stable ohm load. I'm not very knowledgeable on this stuff so if someone could break it down for me that would be nice.

I really don't know how well I explained this, but I hope someone can help me out! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Link to Amp Specs. and ill also post my subs.

Boss Audio R6002 RIOT 1200W 2-Channel MOSFET Power Amplifier with Remote Subwoofer Level Control at Onlinecarstereo.com

It says max bridge 4 ohms, does that mean I cannot use this amp with my 2 ohm subs?

My subs

MTX Terminator TNP212D Amplified Bass System With Two 12" Terminator Subwoofers In a Sealed Enclosure at Onlinecarstereo.com

boss amps are cheap and have horrible sound quality and power output. That will explain why is quieter and they distort. They reason your amp is going into protect is you have the amp wire to too low of an ohm load. It also say 2ohm on it for running it in stereo and not mono. with the amp bridged you will have to rewire the subs or put the mtx amp back in.

dont get too caught up in wattage ratings. you can get great results with a little less or a little more than what is recommended you just have to tune it properly. And always reference the rms wattage. Max power outputs are just a marketing ploy to trick consumers. Check out some of the classifieds on here and I bet you find something that will work for you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.