do I Need a second battery?

TJB

Quick question. I have 2 12 inch obsidian subs (600 rms) and an 1800 watt amp. My cars electrical is stock, but I plan on upgrading. I will buy an agm batt, but I want to know if I need my original battery and the agm or just replace the original with the agm. I also plan on doing the "big 3". thanks! P.S Im a noob

2002 nissan altima
Usually i would say after 1500rms id get a 2nd battery. im not sure how big you stock is, so im going to say yes id go ahead and get one. if you dont have the money test the voltage while playing and then decide if you think you need one

BEFORE you spend money on batteries, I'd say play your system at your usual listening level and watch voltage. If it doesn't drop below 13.3v then your alt is supplying enough power and additional batteries aren't needed.

I almost always recommend an AGM underhood unless you happen to have like a 200a alt stock lol

You either need a second battery or a better one under the hood period. I highly doubt his car has a 200amp alt and if it does its because his vehicle needs onethat big. Get a better stock battery or one for the trunk

You either need a second battery or a better one under the hood period. I highly doubt his car has a 200amp alt and if it does its because his vehicle needs onethat big. Get a better stock battery or one for the trunk
forgot to mention that they will be wired to 1 ohm if that changes anything that you said.

shouldnt change much. I would get the biggest battery you can fit under the hood and see what you get. quick search revealed the 2.5 has 110a alt and 3.5 has 130a alt. so if you have a 2.5 an alt upgrade might not be a bad idea.

shouldnt change much. I would get the biggest battery you can fit under the hood and see what you get. quick search revealed the 2.5 has 110a alt and 3.5 has 130a alt. so if you have a 2.5 an alt upgrade might not be a bad idea.
It is a 2.5, but I plan on just getting an agm and big 3 done. Alt upgrade necessary?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.