bandpass or sealed?

jeremythelen
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
right now i have a bandpass box fro my two blaupunkt 12s but dont have any plexi glass for over the front of the speakers. so i just stuffed a punch of t shirts in the port holes on the box, that would pretty much just make it a sealed box right? and anyway, im just wondering if it would be worth the hassle to get some plexi glass for it, would that make it much louder? and also would just a piece of wood over the front do a good enough job as the plexi glass?? any help is appreciated

just because you've stuffed a few shirts into the port holes doesn't make it a sealed box. A sealed box must be air tight and belive it or not, the air can still pass through your shirts. I agree with ThunderTunes in saying that ported and bandpass is better for loudness but I think you will find that ported gives much puncher and cleaner bass. Sealed is good if space is at a premium and you are after sound quality. A nice think peice of MDF would do a good job if placed it where you wanted the glass to go but it wouldn't look as good.

Hope this helped.

Cheers:)

I agree. It sounds like you have plenty of space for a box so go get a ported box. Sealed has it's advantages but if I was you I'd get a ported box.

i dotn wanna get a new box though i just wanna keep waht i have now, i put the peice of mdf over teh front and for as much as everyone disses bandpasses it actually sounds really good. but do you think the plexi glass would be any better. and the mdf is like 3/4" thick

thats kinda what i was thinkin too, i know it doesnt look the greatest but i dotn need it to really and it sounds pretty good right now. its quite a bit louder sense i put the wood over it so i think ill just stick with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.