BandPass???How Much Harder??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Miller
10+ year member

$
Right now i have 2 10" Apline type-R subs in a Q-Logic Hatchback Sealed box and I want them to hit harder....Since i want them hitting harder I was going to get a Bandpass for the subs....Does the Fit of the bandpass to the subs make a big difference?? How much harder will these subs hit in a bandpass over a sealed box???

well for the beginer i dont recomend a bandpass box.....due to the poor freq. response unless built properly.......also alpine is more of a sq sub.....good luck

I advise using a bandpass box for Alpine Type R's. With a bandpass box, your measurements need to be exact and the box needs to be designed specifically for the driver it will be holding. If you want it louder, build a ported box...but beware that you may loose some of your sound quality given in the sealed box.

- Steve

Well, Obviously im not an expert... but im building my very first box and it is a Bandpass. So far, so good. It is actually pretty simple for me, I'm only 17 but my best quality is my wood working skills. I build many things and i have the help of my building and sound system expert father. (sorry, carried away) I think you might as well give it a shot. ( I mean... It costs what? $13 to get supplies... ) Im just learning from experience.

I have a small Question to ask the experts... Do i want to carpet all the sides separately? I mean if i cover the board with carpet what good is caulking?

Originally posted by theunforgiven PS: What thickness for plexiglass do you guys suggest? i have 2 10" subs (I dont know what they are because they arent mine... im building the box for a friend.)
Anywhere from 3/4" and thicker...anything smaller will flex, which wont be good;)

Also, I am glad you are building your own box, since you have the skills. I teach Fine Woodworking and Construction at the local high school, and the biggest mistake I see is people who have the skills buying pre-fab'ed boxes...drives me nuts - especially since they get a deal on MDF because it is through the school.

You should caulk every joint inside the box. Use "liquid nails" in between all of the joints. Pre drill your holes(for screws) to prevent the board from splitting. Carpet just makes it look good;)

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.