Bandpass enclosure help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Furrballfury

Hey everyone, I was wondering if I could get some helpful assistance from any of you. I have a 4th order bandpass with an American Bass XFL 1044 slapped in it. I only have 5 inches to work with haha, a pvc aeroport that is. Ported through the rear deck of my Sonata, where the factory 8 inch was. Problem is that would 5 inches in diameter be enough for 2 AB XFL 10's or would a single AB HD 10 be ideal. I'm looking for a low frequency response Around the 30's I don't really care about anything above 50 hz. Right now I have a 1:1 4th order big box with a single xfl 10. It's tuned around 30 hz right now and the Sq with rock/alt music is nice but I would like some excellent low response with decaf notes and hip hop/rap. Looking to upgrade the amp to a VFL 44801, it's powered by a VFL 1880D right now. Any help is appreciated guys, thanks.

Thanks for the reply Buck, Alright so ditch the bandpass port through deck idea? I like to keep my back seats up which is why I was going for the deck blowthrough. I deadened the crap out of the trunk lid, we all know noisey trunks and rattling plates are a turn off. Haha

Thanks for the reply Buck, Alright so ditch the bandpass port through deck idea? I like to keep my back seats up which is why I was going for the deck blowthrough. I deadened the crap out of the trunk lid, we all know noisey trunks and rattling plates are a turn off. Haha
If you just leave that air hole open in the rear deck plenty of air will reach the cab. Iirc, I don't like XFL 10's in 4th's. The Frc is too high, but I may be incorrect.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.