Bad RCAs or head unit?

Participant count
  • Participant list

hone

I have 2 DD amps that went into protect mode today. DD M3C & SS4A. I think the amps are good and so is the RCAs for the M3C.

I determined this by unplugging all RCAs, both amps got the green light. Then I tried just the M3C RCAs and again both amps power up and I have bass.

Then I tried just the SS4A RCAs(JL audio 4 channel, not premium). I get a couple of pops and protect mode.

Then I tried both amps together and the m3c protects as well. So it seems the m3c will work on its own but not when the 4 channel amp is also connected.

This setup has been working fine for about a month and suddenly went out. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Nevermind guys. As soon as I posted this I realized the answer to my own question.

I used the RCAs for my M3C to check the SS4A. Channel 4 input is causing it to go into protect. Pretty bummed since I bought it used. I'll have to open it up and see if I can fix it.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.