Bad RCA Warble

Participant count
  • Participant list

mr b
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hello all, yeah I'm new here but into the Car Audio thing forever.

I am currently using an older JBL BP600.1 to power my subs. It pounds my CVR's but I have been hearing a, "warble." So I went back and discovered that whenever the RCA inputs move I get the warbling sound. I disconnected the rca wires and then plugged in brand new 1 foot rca's that were only connected to the amp and nothing on the other side. As soon a s little movement took place I still got the warble. It's annoying and I can't figure out why. Can anyone help? Please.

Sounds like the rca's need to be soldered back into place on the motherboard.
Good chance this is true. It sounds like somewhere along the line you are loosing your shield ground for the rca inputs. If you wiggle them or push them a certain way does it work ok? If you push it the opposite way does the noise come back? Could be an easy fix if you are good with a soldering iron unless the pins that go into the board are physically broken. In that case you may have to solder some small jumper wires from the board to the rca jacks to get everything reconnected. And also not trying to be a d!ck but it isn't called a motherboard. This isn't a computer. Its just a circuit board. Pet peeve of mine LOL.

LOL yeah it is a circuit board. Yes it sounds fine with no movement but as I drive there will be inevitable movement. I took the amp apart but it looks like the heat sinks are somehow glued to the chasis??? I am good with a solder gun so how can I remove the CIRCUIT board.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Good chance this is true. It sounds like somewhere along the line you are loosing your shield ground for the rca inputs. If you wiggle them or push them a certain way does it work ok? If you push it the opposite way does the noise come back? Could be an easy fix if you are good with a soldering iron unless the pins that go into the board are physically broken. In that case you may have to solder some small jumper wires from the board to the rca jacks to get everything reconnected. And also not trying to be a d!ck but it isn't called a motherboard. This isn't a computer. Its just a circuit board. Pet peeve of mine LOL.
Computers are not the only thing that use the term "motherboard." The electronics industry uses that along with "daughterboard" all the time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.