bad ground noise issue HELP

Participant count
  • Participant list

Only The Best
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
texas
so I have a fosgate prime 5 channel and im getting some ridiculously major ground noise to the 2 6x9s and 2 super tweeters.... I had thought it was my rca's but when I took them all out and had just the amp ...no ground noise...

so when I went to put them back in... my finger touched the top node for the front/rear rca inputs and the ground noise was louder than ever.. (you could hear the trucks engine) I went and messed around and touched the top nodes of both the front and back to check the ground noise and it only went to the front/rear rca inputs. the sub channel was fine.... im not sure what else to check... or if there is a way to fix that problem. my ground cable is not more than 3 feet long the power wire is about 6 feet and its a brand new amp. and here is a pic of what it kind of looks like... I have cleaned it up since then but its still the same concept.... a red top in the back connected to a fosgate t1000.1bd as well as the 5 channel prime.

ACFF4B29-1649-4660-9154-EF0F47F2AD96-12362-0000016C644132D8_zps9d597036.jpg Photo by zturner94 | Photobucket

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.