Back stock 6x9's not playing

Participant count
  • Participant list

Xencer

So I have a Pioneer head unit here.

I bought two speakers, here, they sound great, but my back 6x9 stock speakers (which I'm planning on replacing) don't play sound at all. I didn't use the crossovers that came with the car because my car came stock with tweeters and I replaced them and the two front door speakers.

I drive a 2001 Honda Accord EX V6, I've ordered pioneer 6x9 speakers to replace the stock ones and I figured they would work once I replace them.

Any advice/insights/troubleshooting ideas anyone?

Because my car already has the wires to the headunit for the tweeters.

Could it be because my headunit has 50 watt max output x4 so its not sending the sounds to the back speakers, but to the front woofers and tweeters instead?

You have a problem because the tweeters are using the other 2 channels. You've got 6 channels and you can only power 4 of them with the head unit, but if you put the tweeters on the same channel as the front speakers, you should be fine.

You have a problem because the tweeters are using the other 2 channels. You've got 6 channels and you can only power 4 of them with the head unit, but if you put the tweeters on the same channel as the front speakers, you should be fine.
I could do that but then wouldn't the front speakers and tweeters would suffer from the series setup? So I should just take out the tweet wires and use the wire out of the crossover from the head unit?

I think you just need to hook up your front speakers and your tweeters back to the crossovers, that way, you have it going to 2 channels and not taking up all 4, then you should be able to hook up your 6x9s no problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.