AVIC-D3 not fitting

Participant count
  • Participant list

BigPimpin18
10+ year member

I have a 1997 Acura 2.2CL and I just bought an AVIC-D3 and now it doesn't fit. I have the double din kit and all that. it feels like it's too deep for my car. Has anyone installed a double din in this car and have any tricks they want to share with me. Or if anyone has had a similar problem.

Post a pic of your dash inside your car. If you car has a normal double din, then the AVIC d3 should fit in with out a kit. You should only need the two side pieces to mount with the bracket already on the D3.

is there a little brack in the back of the dash in like the middle i know some vehicles have a little piece that is there for the oem hu and it needs to be cut off for new hus to fit in

is there a little brack in the back of the dash in like the middle i know some vehicles have a little piece that is there for the oem hu and it needs to be cut off for new hus to fit in
You right, I forgot about that also, I had to break that part off in order to get my Avic to fit. That was a biatch also.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.