Av2 pics

He can't dis the sub because he hasn't heard it. So he has to dis Ben to make himself feel better I guess.
Actually Ben is a joke. eD is a joke. If youve ever spoke with him he is always tryign to one up the current e-bonor. He rebadges other companies products as entirely his own. He changes build houses like his parents change check books...about once every 6 months. He rules his forum like a Nazi and brainwashes the morons who toil in it. No matter how wrong him or one of his cronies is, if you contradict them and cite evidence they will delete your posts and ban your IP. If/When this sub hits the market I will bet you three fiddy if you log on to ISUX you will see spectulation of it being as good as the 06 XXX while costing less, reguradless of real world results. He will also start a preorder and take the peoples money and they wont see a sub for 6 months while he builds speculation. Every big release he has he takes a preorder...sometimes people dont see the product at all, nor do they see a refund.

Stay away from eD and Ben and his speculating bull ****.

He will also start a preorder and take the peoples money and they wont see a sub for 6 months while he builds speculation. Every big release he has he takes a preorder...sometimes people dont see the product at all, nor do they see a refund.
to all of those who doubt... this has happened before... i remember at least 2 of Ben's preorder debacles...

I feel bad for people that live in the past and are so closed minded they have no idea about the way things are in the present. ED hasn't done a pre-order for a long while now, and they have released plenty of new products recently. And I'm sure no one on CA.com has ever speculated about a new sub coming out and how good it might be. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

I've dealt with ED a couple of times and received great customer service and nice products as well. I'm sure there is better (and worse) products on the market, but I feel my $ has been well spent. Same with Exile Audio (Morgan was great to deal with), great product for the price. As far as ICIX goes, I don't spend a lot of time there. Mainly because I don't like the way the forum is run either. Nazi-ish is a bit strong, but I can't think of a better word either. But I have the mental capacity to separate the business from the forum, unlike most of the haters.

Just out of curiousity, do all of you ED haters go around bashing the other companies (RE, Adire, etc.) that have had their ups and downs?

But I have the mental capacity to separate the business from the forum
The business is seperate from the forum? When I was banned from there, who did I get an email from? The fairy godmother? It was Mr. Milne himself...some seperation there...

Guess it's just a matter of how quickly you forgive people for being a dumbass...although I was never personally screwed, I can see what happened to others, and make my own judgement call about it. And I'm not ready to forgive Ben just yet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The business is seperate from the forum? When I was banned from there, who did I get an email from? The fairy godmother? It was Mr. Milne himself...some seperation there...
Guess it's just a matter of how quickly you forgive people for being a dumbass...although I was never personally screwed, I can see what happened to others, and make my own judgement call about it. And I'm not ready to forgive Ben just yet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
It's his forum. It's his business as well. They can still be separate entities in my mind. Like I said, I'm not a big fan of the forum either. I guess free speech is ingrained into my head too well.

I have no forgiving to do because I've never been screwed by them. Even on the one pre-order I took part in, there were no issues. Everyone is free to make their own judgement about it. I learned about ED about 2 years ago, after they had all the problems. Maybe if I had been more into car audio during ED's troubled times I would feel the same as you do. I do believe that some people learn from their mistakes, and some don't. Ben seems like he did, and the success of his company shows that. That's just my opinion of course, and my flamesuit is on so have at it! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I'm not really sure why many of you are so surprised at the reactions. These kind of responses are guaranteed to entail ANY thread that involves ED, regardless of how relevant it is to the topic being discussed.

Many people have very valid reasons for disliking ED and Ben Milne (I know several of them personally), and a far larger number have never met him, talked to him, or done business with him in anyway. They base virtually all of their statements of "fact" on second, third, or worsehand accounts.

Speculation in any direction is really rather moot at this point, since all we are furnished with is a view of the surround and cone, from which we can formulate very little.

I'm not a big fan of hype, and I never will be. Hyping this product up before it's even close to production is pointless, as is speculating about it's reliability, construction, design basis, or capabilities based on virtually no information.

Now with all the BS aside, it looks interesting; the suspension looks to be capable of at least 4" p2p, but no judgements can really be made about its linear excursion or actual peak travel, not really much more that can be said about it at this point, for the aforementioned reasons.

Just out of curiousity, do all of you ED haters go around bashing the other companies (RE, Adire, etc.) that have had their ups and downs?

RE //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Adire has lost their mind.

The winds of change have blown. Fi is the new RE and TC is the new Adire. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Though some peoples opinions of TC have already dwindled, but that is a topic for a whole other thread.

IIRC ben offered a preorder or something on that componet set that just came out. And the one review I read about it was that they where poo. Bottom bucket entry level componet set at best.
[/QUOTE]

I've spent over $1000 on eD products and recieved them withing a couple of days. Have not had a single problem with the company, equipment, or the forum. Anyone who frequents the forum will notice that many times people ask questions about buying products and other business related topics and are asked to call eD directly. This is to keep the forum clear of as much business related material as possible. And there is a general car audio section that is not just for eD lovers. Granted it's still full of eD talk but what sponsored forum isn't. Ben is very quick to respond to peoples questions and provides thorough and intelligent answers. Which I can't say for other forum sponsors like Steve Meade. How great is it to have the opinions and support from people who actually work at the company at just about any time of day or night. As for Fryman, I've been hearing your crap since my first forum post over at automotiveforums.com and you still have not grown up. You are not the best at anything and your opinion is worthless. Really don't want this to sound as mean as it does but there is no better way to say it. Come on man, GROW THE HELL UP

I feel bad for people that live in the past and are so closed minded they have no idea about the way things are in the present. ED hasn't done a pre-order for a long while now, and they have released plenty of new products recently. And I'm sure no one on CA.com has ever speculated about a new sub coming out and how good it might be. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
I've dealt with ED a couple of times and received great customer service and nice products as well. I'm sure there is better (and worse) products on the market, but I feel my $ has been well spent. Same with Exile Audio (Morgan was great to deal with), great product for the price. As far as ICIX goes, I don't spend a lot of time there. Mainly because I don't like the way the forum is run either. Nazi-ish is a bit strong, but I can't think of a better word either. But I have the mental capacity to separate the business from the forum, unlike most of the haters.

There's a difference between those other companies and eDuh.

Ben is a scumbag. Ben has lied through his ass over and over again. Ben has tried to play the ignorant card, and when I personally called him out on his lies, with some very nice evidence (he played dumb about subs that were defective, and I dug up a post that he made on another forum that countered all his statements), he banned me and deleted the post.

Not only did he ******** his way out of everything, he did everything in his power to still make it look like he's a reputable person...when he was far from.

Before all you eDuh boner lovers call me a bandwagoner...do some searching here. I've been involved in the preorders. I've been involved with shitty warranty support. I've personally talked to Ben, and been lied to by Ben.

P.S.- still waiting on my nine.1 to come from Korea. Bastids stole the amps I guess //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.