home amplifier

Participant count
  • Participant list
well if you're only running one you should get an amplifier that does the rms rating, or close to at 8ohms, most plate amps aren;t 2 ohm stable

CT

I'm really unsure

You're really much better off just buying off the internet, you're going to pay ridiculous sums of money at CC or BB

Think about what they charge for 400-600 watts for caraudio amplifiers

Partsexpress is a legit dealer also, and they have warranties and great CS

CT

yeah i know that but would a best buy or CC carry something putting out 400-600rms @8 ohm in only one channel or what?
Nope...because that's not the kind of shopper that goes to BB or CC. They're going to sell powered subs to people because it's the easiest choice.

Plate amps come in that power range, but you're probably better off going with a pro audio amp that can handle a lower impedance and most likely be cheaper in terms of dollars per watt.

Pro amps will be cheaper per watt, but then you have to deal with a crossover of sorts, then you get into buying full rack gear then you end up with 5kw possible in a dorm room...

Just get a plate amp.

If you have low level outputs, a Harrison Labs FMOD would work in a pinch as a LPF. Two of them stacked inline would be 18dB/oct, a respectable Xover slope.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.