AUX Volume problem

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a Pioneer DEH-3000 and wanted to install a AUX jack on my dash, when I look on the back of the unit I noticed there were 2 sets of RCA inputs one labeled front and the other rear. I made up a RCA jack that would plug into both (front and rear) and in to my MP3 player. It all works fine but I can only use the volume on the MP3 player, this makes for a overall low volume. I would like to use the unit volume; I’m not too worried about distortion. Do I have it wired correctly or is there something I can do in the unit itself? Do I need to use a Amp? Thanks

I would suggest that you use a head unit with an actual Auxiliary input. The RCA jacks on the back of your deck are outputs, not inputs; they're not meant to be used in the way you're using them. Your deck is not equipped with an Aux input, or any means of adding one.

The "hack" won't work for you. Even if you purchased the Pioneer adapter, it's only for head units that are designed to use the P-bus plug as an aux input. Yours is not equipped with that feature.

I am a little confused, I looked on my faceplate and it says Pioneer DEH-P3000. then I look at my owners manual and it says that it is for DEH-P400, P300, and P200. the manual says that there is room to expand to a CD Changer witch I don’t have, I assume that the CD Changer hooks up through the IP BUS in the back of the unit. Correct me if I’m wrong but wouldn’t the CD Changer act as a AUX input, so wouldn’t I be able to use the hack that I posted earlier?

A Pioneer CD changer would hook up to the P-bus input, correct. However, without an actual CD changer to communicate with the head unit, you wouldn't be able to select CD Changer as a source. The P-Bus aux input on the page you linked (and the actual P-Bus aux input available from Pioneer) can't fool the deck into thinking there's a CD changer in place.

Newer Pioneer head units have a built-in function to turn on an auxiliary input through the P-Bus. If you read carefully on the "hack" page, it tells you that you need to activate this function. However, your older deck isn't equipped with this feature.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.