AUX cord VS CD

no a cd player does play louder than an Aux cord, b/c u are playing from an mp3/phone and that has an adjustable volume so it will not be as loud, CD is always louder, but Aux is louder than Bluetooth. what are u using for ur music player (iphone/ipad, mp3 player, android or other)

levels of fidelity rankings for the average joe:
Store bought CD>USB>Burned CD> docking system> aux chord> bluetooth/pandora> your own voice singing
A lot of that depends on the bitrate of the song. USB and burnt CDs can sound just as good/loud if the music is in a lossless format instead of mp3.

Different devices have different sound level when connect to your aux input on your head unit... I've noticed that android phones (Tested MANY) are not as loud as i-pod/i-phones (Also tested MANY) regardless of what bit-rate / quality the content on it that you are playing back is... If your head unit has an input sound level adjustment you can compensate for this somewhat...

Yeah its just a stock 08 mazda3 it doesn't get too loud even with a cd. I usually use my android phone to play music but when I play one of my burned cds it gets a lot louder. Also does it make the quality go down when i burn the cd and make the loudness 100%? Pandoras super quiet so try not to use it too much

quality does make a difference but still CD's are still louder than AUX no matter the cable type, i use the beats cord from the beats studio pro cord and i use nothing but FLAC (Lossless) quality and yes it is louder and cleaner than mp3, but cd's source still can be high, i can play my cd @ vol 18/40 and on my phone with EQ 23/40

Yeah, unfortunately with a stock HU this is what you are going to have to deal with... Even with my 80PRS there are slight audible level differences between, Aux, USB, Bluetooth, & CD, however with the source level adjustment I am able to dial it all in pretty d@mn close //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

if you really need to use aux, i'd recommend getting a zune hd player or some apple player, their digital audio codecs and internal amps are good enough to give a stronger signal than regular mp3s and androids. Another solution you can do is using your portable headphone amplifier like a fiio E6, its actually safe enough to do, but make sure that it doesn't clip any of your gear.

Yeah its just a stock 08 mazda3 it doesn't get too loud even with a cd. I usually use my android phone to play music but when I play one of my burned cds it gets a lot louder. Also does it make the quality go down when i burn the cd and make the loudness 100%? Pandoras super quiet so try not to use it too much
My girl just got a new mazda 3 and it is very quiet when I use bluetooth or radio.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.