Autotek MMA2000.2 2-Channel Amp or nah

Participant count
  • Participant list

RisingNova

Quick question here since I lack a lot of knowledge on car audio. I currently have an Autotek MMA2000.2 2-Channel Amp ( Autotek Mean Machine Amplifiers )and I was wondering if it would be possible to work with my subs. I already know my amp isn't the best but I just want to know if it'll work until I can get an upgrade. Subs are Rockford Fosgate P2L-212 ( Rockford Fosgate P2L-212 (p2l212) Punch Stage 2 Dual 12" Ported ) got them from a friend a few weeks ago. Also recommend amps would be appreciate at a good price.

Thanks.

The box is 4 ohms, right?

Then that amp will work fine, certainly temporarily.

In my limited experience with A'tek's amps I don't think they're bad at all.

The worst thing is they put power ratings on them that are completely meaningless. You're left guessing based on the pair of 20A's so it's probably 300-400w rms.

The box is only rated for up to 400w so even if you got a bigger amp -- say 400-500 at 4 the difference in output would be pretty minimal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.