autotek mean machine amps?

Participant count
  • Participant list

loudenuff

CarAudio.com Elite
WA gwon?
I know I'm about to get a few buckets of **** for this but I'm planning on running 2 xfl 15s on this amp. I can save my money and go high end but I am not seeing a lot of bad about this amp.. I wanna hear from people with physical experience on how this amp performs. and I'm aware thAt it's not a 4k it's a 2k.

No personal experience, but is this the mm4050.1?

A $150 amp with 4x30A fuses isn't going to give you 2000w. I seriously doubt it will do 1500.

1200 would be realistic if your voltage is stable and 13-14v.

Long term -- probably as reliable as most other budget amps (like Hifonics).

No personal experience, but is this the mm4050.1?A $150 amp with 4x30A fuses isn't going to give you 2000w. I seriously doubt it will do 1500.

1200 would be realistic if your voltage is stable and 13-14v.

Long term -- probably as reliable as most other budget amps (like Hifonics).
hifonics amps aren't bad for budget. I'd almost call their Brutus series hq. better than soundqubed amps at least

hifonics amps aren't bad for budget. I'd almost call their Brutus series hq. better than soundqubed amps at least
NO they are certainly not. Ran plenty of hifonics, none are hq high quality, just budget power at best. Its high quality compared to the new autotek mean machines but thats like comparing a piece of sh*t to a lump of coal. One actually burns better.

NO they are certainly not. Ran plenty of hifonics, none are hq high quality, just budget power at best.
I'm not trying to start any arguments over this I am just saying flat truth. I saw an aq 2200 and a Brutus 2200 together. identical except for inline fuses and caps. Brutus having the higher end components. see for yourself. I've never had an aq amp, so I haven't heard the difference, but logically the Brutus is better built.

I'm not trying to start any arguments over this I am just saying flat truth. I saw an aq 2200 and a Brutus 2200 together. identical except for inline fuses and caps. Brutus having the higher end components. see for yourself. I've never had an aq amp, so I haven't heard the difference, but logically the Brutus is better built.
We all saw that fking comparison its old news. I've had two brx 2400 and i've done a 1v1 direct swap with a soundqubed 2200.1 SQ and efficiency was way better with the soundqubed. Switched my two brx 2400s to a DC 3.5k and god, its no comparison at all. Massive sound quality and loudness difference, even draws less current too, voltages drop less while getting louder and sounding waaay better... THATS high quality. Totally different world from hifonics/soundstream/autotek stuff.

We all saw that fking comparison its old news. I've had two brx 2400 and i've done a 1v1 direct swap with a soundqubed 2200.1 SQ and efficiency was way better with the soundqubed. Switched my two brx 2400s to a DC 3.5k and god, its no comparison at all. Massive sound quality and loudness difference, even draws less current too, voltages drop less while getting louder and sounding waaay better... THATS high quality. Totally different world from hifonics stuff.
like I said haven't heard the difference. I can agree on that current pull though. a 1.4k brx killed my mr2 stock alt in 30 minutes, and point taken, I just think they're on the higher side of budget brands. maybe high quality was the wrong term but I don't think they're total ****. and most amps are **** compared to dc amps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.