Audioque Customer Service = Excellent! Got an upgrade to aluminum coils for HD3 10"!

MagicOnTheTire
10+ year member

Hey guys,

I have been posting lately looking for a beefy single 10 or 12 to run in my daily Accord. I finally decided to purchase one Audioque HDC310 D1 copper coil, due to the sale they are running, which brought the price down to $194.65 shipped.

I placed the order last night, 12/18/12 and I got a call this morning from an AQ rep. They left me a voicemail, and I returned the call. They told me they were all out of HDC310 copper coils, and I could either have a refund or free upgrade to the HDC310-A aluminum coil (which with discount is $263.50.

I am very impressed with their customer service, since they could have simply refunded my money completely, but instead offered me the aluminum coil version of the 10 for no additional charge //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

How much power will you have for the sub?
Have you had an HD3? What would you recommend? I am building a box to spec for it. My only amp atm is an AP 1500.1, I'd be running at 1ohm. Been out of the Car Audio came for awhile, but I have no issues getting an amp with more power. I wasn't expecting to get such a great upgrade //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif

While it is nice that they did upgrade you the difference is minimal to be honest. The power handling will go up a tad, but not enough to talk about. The coil is also lighter raising the FS, but again you will likely never notice this alteration.

Just build a nice enclosure around 1.2ft3 gross volume and give it a generous amount of port area and send it around 1200rms of good clean power and you will be good to go.

While it is nice that they did upgrade you the difference is minimal to be honest. The power handling will go up a tad, but not enough to talk about. The coil is also lighter raising the FS, but again you will likely never notice this alteration.
Just build a nice enclosure around 1.2ft3 gross volume and give it a generous amount of port area and send it around 1200rms of good clean power and you will be good to go.
Thanks alot brother. I've read tons of posts regarding box build for a HDC3 10", with designs varying heavily. I was thinking 1.5ft3gross....think that's too much?

Good to hear, especially when most of the reports about CS are only bad ones. Not many people take the time to write about their good experiences.

Thanks alot brother. I've read tons of posts regarding box build for a HDC3 10", with designs varying heavily. I was thinking 1.5ft3gross....think that's too much?
On your current power level I'd go 1.5^3 net, assuming that is what you meant to say.

I ran the original AQ3500 on each HD3 and never had a problem.

I run over 2k to each of my HDC3s and don't have any problems with the coil handling the power. 1.5 cube on that one sub will be fine, 17 sq per cub is my magic number on port area that seems to work well for a loud daily setup. That is a very stiff sub and wants lots of port.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.