Single 15 or Dual sealed?

Participant count
  • Participant list

PapaGeno21
10+ year member

Captain Questions
Here is my question. Pretty simple but I feel I am going to get a lot of opinions.

I would say use the FI BL as the hypothetical sub as that is the one I am waiting on to show up and use in the ported enclosure I built, but they don't recommend it sealed so I don't think that is a good option for that.

SO

(Insert random 15" sub here)

1 of them ported to whatever the sub wants optimum box

OR

2 of them sealed.

What would be louder?

I would be interested about the power differences. Like, lets say the single 15 had 3500 watts and the sealed 15's are splitting the same power. I don't think I could afford to do something along the lines of 3K to each sub so I am going with the idea that I could afford to do one big amp on a kick *** 15, or one big amp on two decent 15's. And it is cheaper to get two subs rated for 1500 than two amps.

I know I can do 12's ported in a smaller box than two 15's sealed and most likely have more output. BUT for the sake of argument I would like to know what would be better with my original question.

Thanks!

Am I not allowed to ask questions?

I did order the FI, and I am going to run it. I just want to know the answer to what I asked as I saw a build with a wall of 6 sealed in an acura and it looked pretty sweet.

Run your BL for a while, then buy 2 15" Q's and run them sealed. Tell us which set up is louder.

That is the ONLY way to know what will be louder in YOUR vehicle....

That is what I was thinking about to be honest. I hear the Q's sound fantastic in general so I would assume they would be super SQ oriented in a sealed box.

BUT some dude just did a plot out on I think winsid is the program and the SP4 single 15" on 3500 ported was louder than two 15" q's splitting 3500 watts sealed.

That is what I was thinking about to be honest. I hear the Q's sound fantastic in general so I would assume they would be super SQ oriented in a sealed box.
BUT some dude just did a plot out on I think winsid is the program and the SP4 single 15" on 3500 ported was louder than two 15" q's splitting 3500 watts sealed.
Comparing apples to oranges...3" VC subs vs a 4" VC sub.

I ran a 15" Q ported in the wife's car for several years. Honestly wasn't impressed by the SQ at all, very bottom heavy/boomy. Fine for rap, but metal and other music I would end up dialing it way back...

I do understand a 4" vs 3" is a difference but the fact is if I do a single 15 on 3500 it is going to be the SP4, where as if I did two 15's sealed they would be lower model subs.

I should have the BL hooked up next weekend and we will see. Got my tracking number for it yesterday and it should be at my house Friday! WOO

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.