Audiopipe APSM-1500

I was not saying the amp is bad in any means, I have recommended it several times. I just know that Nate knows better than that lulz

have it running my 18" at 1 ohm and does work not a single problem, but when at a light a turning it down the amp is loud and for sure not getting hot at all :)

just might get 3 more be cheaper then 2 ap3k...

well I think it seemed to struggle in the vid with 1-ohm (not that I even own one) but I think it would make a great 2-ohm mono block for a cheap setup using a single sub with dual 4-ohm voice coils

Do you think it would be able to power two 12" Kicker CVR 4-Ohm Subs? (800 RMS total)
Get two d2's. The apsm1500 does 800 unclipped watts, at 2 ohms, no problem. It's actually very good match-up for a cheap setup.

so just a little update after nearly a year of use. I have had the amplifier running at 1 ohm now for about the last 6 months, set the gain the with an O-scope and it never gets hot. However I have ran into 1 problem.... the onboard fan. The fan has become increasingly louder now for about the last 3 months. It finally got so bad I opened it up to see what size fan it was and if i could just swap it out with a normal computer case fan.... you cant. the fan is only 1 or .75 inches in diameter. . . sad face. I gues 113 dollars for an amplifier for a year isnt bad. I mean the amplifier still works and doesnt get hot but the fan is too ridiculously loud now for me to seriously consider running it anymore

so just a little update after nearly a year of use. I have had the amplifier running at 1 ohm now for about the last 6 months, set the gain the with an O-scope and it never gets hot. However I have ran into 1 problem.... the onboard fan. The fan has become increasingly louder now for about the last 3 months. It finally got so bad I opened it up to see what size fan it was and if i could just swap it out with a normal computer case fan.... you cant. the fan is only 1 or .75 inches in diameter. . . sad face. I gues 113 dollars for an amplifier for a year isnt bad. I mean the amplifier still works and doesnt get hot but the fan is too ridiculously loud now for me to seriously consider running it anymore

Check with computer stores and ebay I've bought 1x1 brushless fans before that ran on 14v for rc brushless speed controllers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

itsblown

10+ year member
why is there smoke?
itsblown
Toledo OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies